Translate

Blog 110 Tuesday 15th May 2012

Previously back in July last year during my Lung operation I blogged about a very nice chap called "Michael" (read here July 2011 Blog) Michael was having the same operation as me, albeit in one lung only but had severe complications. Today I contacted Michael for a chat and was told by Jean his wife that he has developed cancer in his bladder and has recently been fitted with a catheter. When I met Michael, in hospital at that time,  he made my experience in hospital that much better. Michael made me laugh and gave me an opportunity to discuss cancer and chemotherapy for the first time, with someone that had actually gone through it. Michael had been through three bouts of chemo after suffering Bowel Cancer which had also later effected his liver and lung over a twenty year period. Having met Michael briefly during our stay in hospital and later at a consultation again in hospital, I know he will fight this new intrusion and also find time to smile and joke. Our thoughts are with you Michael and Jean.   

No comments: