Translate

Blog 17 Friday 22nd July 2011

I have been discharged!!!!The nursing staff of the Spire in Leicester ward two and Mr Waller were fantastic and I'm very thankful to them all. I met a chap called Michael in the High dependency unit going through the same procedure as me. Michael had also had the disease in his liver some years ago as well as Bowel Cancer. It was good to talk to Michael as he was the only other cancer sufferer that I had spoken to since my original operation. Unfortunately Michael had complications and at 01.30 am all the lights in the HDU went on. Michael was in severe pain, on-call theatre staff were called in and eventually at 05.00 he was taken back to theatre for a secondary procedure. I am still in a lot of pain but now the pain is in my back, I have been discharged with three boxes of painkillers and some fresh bandages. I left with warnings from the nursing staff "Don't do too much" and "Keep the compression socks on". I have slept all day........................Wendy has just changed one of my bandages as it was weeping quite badly but all in all the nursing staff and Wendy has confirmed the scars are very "Neat" and should heal well. My back feels as if it's on fire.........  As promised some photos .......

High Dependency Unit, Just out of Recovery

Nurse Wendy
attending my every need! 
 Very much still under anasthetic
 The dreaded "Chest Drain"
 Other "Chest Drain"
The arrows were drawn on me
by Mr Waller prior to surgery (Scary)
Nurse Wendy
What would I do without her


I have already made enquiries about Chemotherapy but must wait for the histology results I'm very tired and incredibly sore I'm going back to bed .....................


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey big fella, great to see you back at home. Take it easy, remember Hope can walk the dog!
All the best to you all.

Tricia said...

Glad you're home x make sure you listen to Sister Wendy and Nurse Hope....and do as you're told! xx Bill and Tricia xx

pennyp said...

Hey John, unusual not to see a glass in your hand (we jest, but you know that) brilliant news you are home, take care.....loads of love to you all. Hope, any more McDonalds????? xxxx