Translate

Blog 140 Tuesday 13th November 2012


Superstitious? no not me. I was born on the 13th. I have flown longhaul to South Africa on Friday 13th and returned a month later on Friday the 13th. Unfortunately it was the 13th May last year that revealed the cancer had spread to my lungs, otherwise i love the 13th!!!
  
Wendy often says "I wish I could take away your pain " or "I wish I could share this burden and fight this battle with you"..............a previous story from the Sydney Telegraph takes me to a similar plight from Vashti Whitfield "I couldnt fight the battle for him" this concerns Andy Whitfield.

In 2009, Andy landed the lead role in the TV series Spartacus: Blood and Sand.  Andy was diagnosed with stage four non-Hodgkin lymphoma and lost the battle in 2011. I watched every episode of this series, which was  full of action and Andy was a brilliant actor. Vashti, lives in Sydney and has a very interesting blog http://www.maybemcqueen.com/category/blog/  We miss Australia and had it not been for the bowel cancer would still be there I'm sure. Today, marks the first total solar eclipse in Northern Queensland the last until 2028..........A time of change

 

1 comment:

Martin said...

The people have spoken: http://www.hscreformseries.co.uk/primary-care/14066-britons-want-bowel-cancer-screening-recommendation

Let's hope it is implemented for the future.