Translate

Blog 100 Monday 26th March 2012

Never thought I would have enough to say for 100 blogs!! I've surpassed our Australian Trip with the amount of blogs and visitors. I was thinking that I would have to change the name of this blog from "Living with Bowel Cancer by....... " to "Surviving Bowel Cancer by......" but I have been informed that, officially, you are not a cancer "Survivor" until you are clear and non-recurrences of the disease for 5 years ................. in my last blog I stated that I will always be looking over my shoulder. I'm sure I was thinking along those lines.  I had a discussion some while ago with my hospital ward colleague Michael. Michael was saying that he looks to 3 years then 5 years as a survivor. I'm thinking even 3 years is a long time to think about whether I'm still clear or not, so even if it's in the back of my mind, I shall not attach any length of time. I shall be grateful of all the additional time I have, to see my sons and daughter grow.

Beautiful warm and sunny weather in UK presently, like last year March / April  then we had a rubbish summer. Matthew and girlfriend Timone have landed in Sydney Australia today for a few weeks holiday. Spoke on Free Skype, its a wonderful tool.....  

1 comment:

Joanne said...

hi John this blog really resonates with me as im in the same boat so to speak. finished treatement, CT scan all clear and the long wait for confidence that reccurence wont happen. Im trying hard not to let it shadow my new freedom. So far im doing ok not thinking about it very often. So pleased for you John. So sorry regarding your sad losses this year though. sending much love to you and your lovely family xx